New funding from the state of Baden-Württemberg
The state of Baden-Württemberg is reviving charge@bw funding.
News | July 2023
The state of Baden-Württemberg wants to further promote the expansion of charging infrastructure and has therefore relaunched the charge@bw funding programme. Natural and legal persons from Baden-Württemberg have the opportunity to receive up to 2,500 euros per charging point or a maximum of 40 percent of the eligible expenses as funding.
What is funded?
Acquisition and installation of a new, publicly accessible charging infrastructure including grid connection and subsequent operation in Baden-Württemberg (leasing, renting and contracting are also funded). In condominium owners’ associations, the preparatory electrical installation for the subsequent connection of charging points is subsidised. Please note: The costs for a charging station or wallbox are not eligible for funding.
What requirements must be met to qualify for the subsidy?
- The publicly accessible charging infrastructure must be demonstrably supplied with electricity from renewable energies or from regenerative electricity generated on site (the former must be proven by a certified green electricity supply contract).
- The grant amount for the project must be at least 5,500 euros.
- The number of eligible charging points or charging stations is limited to 250.
- The funded infrastructure must be in operation for at least 3 years from completion at the location in Baden-Württemberg defined in the application
- In the case of leasing/rental/contracting, a contract must be concluded for at least 3 years.
- The logo of the funding provider must be clearly visible on the charging station itself by means of a sticker.
How does the application process work?
The administration and processing of the funding programme is carried out by the Landeskreditbank Baden-Württemberg. See below for contact details.
How much is the grant?
- The funding amounts to 40 percent of the eligible expenses or a maximum of 2,500 euros per publicly accessible charging point or charging station in the condominium association.
- All one-off expenses directly related to the installation of the network and charging infrastructure supported for the respective applications are eligible for funding.
- In the case of leasing, renting and contracting, the respective monthly instalments and any one-off special payments at the beginning of the contract are eligible for funding.
What is not eligible for funding?
- Retrofitting or replacement
- Mobile charging stations and mobile charging cables
- Installation of conventional household and industrial sockets
- Expenditure for the planning, approval and operation of the charging infrastructure as well as own contributions by the funding recipients
- Projects for which there are obligations under private or public law for implementation
- Double subsidies for the same electrical installation/charging infrastructure